We provide a range of sporting opportunities for our students to participate in, both competitively and simply for fun, friendship and fitness.
At Our Lady of Lourdes we aim to educate the whole child. Sport at our school is about participation, teamwork, healthy lifestyle choices, skill development and, above all, fun.
All children are encouraged to become involved at a level with which they feel comfortable, and to extend this involvement to realise the potential harboured within each individual.Those children who exhibit particular talents in sport have access to representative sports at a number of levels, from school through to national.
We take part in all zone carnivals for Swimming, Cross-Country and Athletics. For these events, the children have the opportunity to represent at Zone, Diocesan and State levels.
Some of our additional sporting opportunities include:
- Learn-to-Swim program (Years Kindergarten to Year 4)
- diocesan representative team sports (girls and boys, Years 5 to 6)
- swimming carnival (zone, diocesan)
- athletics carnival (zone, diocesan)
- cross country (diocesan)
- fun run
- soccer (girls and boys, Years 5 to 6)
- touch football (girls and boys, Years 5 to 6)
- cricket (Mark Taylor Shield, Years 5 to 6)
- basketball (girls and boys, Years 5 to 6)
- gymnastics (girls and boys, Years 5 to 6)
- rugby league